Getting copyright from accepted submissions
There are two options for collecting copyright. This can be configured in the Programme workflow for your accepted authors.
To edit this workflow select the Final Submissions hub from your dashboard
and go into the step 2 of Configure Final Submissions workflow. By default, accepted authors are not asked for copyright.
If you decide to collect copyrights:
1) You can upload a disclaimer and authors must download, sign and upload a signed file
2) Authors can assign copyright online by clicking a checkbox.
Option 1 - Uploading a disclaimer file
If you decide to go with your Option 2 you will have to upload the copyright file so authors can then download, sign and upload your file again. We always suggest to add some help text to the authors, so the steps are clear here. You can write your instructions in the box for the authors and upload the file for them to sign.
Option 2 - Assigning copyright by clicking the checkbox
If you decide to go with the check box option, your setup step will look as below.
You have three steps to configure this option
- Enter guidance/instructions for the author in the top box.
- Configure the wording of the statement they must agree to and activate the statement by clicking the tick.
- Decide whether this is mandatory or not by selecting the bottom tick. If it is mandatory, authors cannot upload final material without assigning copyright.