Allowing delegates to pay without a PayPal account
After a delegate selects their fees in Ex Ordo, they will be taken to your PayPal payment gateway. Depending on your configuration, delegates will be able to pay directly using their credit card or they may be forced to create a PayPal account. Most delegates prefer not to create a PayPal account and so this behaviour is undesirable. If you wish to disable this "feature", you should read this guide and check the configuration options in your PayPal account.
PayPal refers to this feature as "Payments Standard's Credit Card Option" or "PayPal Account Optional" in their online help guides.
Your PayPal Account
- Your PayPal account must be either Premier or Business. Personal Accounts do not have this option.
- PayPal Account Optional is turned on - this enables non PayPal Members to pay by Credit Card. See instructions below.
- The email address you use to log into your PayPal Account must be verified.
- The "Paypal Username" you provide in your registration settings in Ex Ordo must be a PayPal verified email address or your Business ID.
- Your Bank Account must be linked and verified - so you can withdraw or transfer funds.
- Your Credit Card must be linked and verified.
Enabling PayPal Account Optional
- Login to PayPal and go to your Profile
- Select: Profile and settings
- Select: My Selling Tools
- Under: Selling Online
- Locate: Website Preferences
- Click on: Update
- Locate: PayPal Account Optional
- Click: On
- Click: Save
When the "account optional" feature is turned on, delegates won't need a PayPal account to register. They use an alternate checkout and have the option to sign up for a PayPal account afterwards. Delegates with PayPal accounts still log in to their PayPal accounts to check out.
- You are using the wrong email address or an unverified email address.
- The country you reside in. Not all countries have all the PayPal features available.
- The country your delegate resides in. Not all countries have all PayPal features available.
Still Having Trouble?
If you continue having trouble with this, we would recommend that you contact PayPal directly. For privacy/security reasons, PayPal will not deal with our support team on your behalf (as we are not the PayPal account owner). If you call them, they should be able to advise you on what you need to do to make this step optional for your delegates: