Using bulk actions
You can use bulk actions to carry out tasks on groups of submissions or reviewers together, saving you lots of time.
The available actions depend on the list you are looking at in the system (e.g. submissions, review or reviewer list) and on the state of the conference (e.g. before or after allocation).
Under the 'List of Submissions' in the Submissions, Review, Programme or Presentation hubs you will see some tick boxes at the beginning of each list. Tick the boxes to select individually, or you can click on the master checkbox at the top of the list to select the entire list.
As soon as you select a tick box(es), the view changes to show the new actions available to you. The actions available vary from list to list as you can see it below:
In the submission hub you can:
- Export the selected submissions to Excel.
- Withdraw the selected submissions.
- Reinsert them (if previously withdrawn).
- Send an email the authors of the selected submissions through the communication hub
When you tick the boxes to select some reviewers, you can:
- Export the selected reviewers to Excel.
- Email them.
- Delete them.
- Assign them topics.
Review hub - Before allocation
In the reviewing stage, when tick the boxes you select some of the submissions, you can
- Export them or
- mark them as 'Do Not Review' - This will mean that those submissions won't have reviewers allocated to them.
Review hub - After allocation before publish
In the review stage, after you allocate, you can:
- Export the selected submissions.
- Set them as Do Not Review.
- Clear Allocation - this option removes the reviewers from the selected submissions. This means you will have to reassign reviewers to the papers manually.
Review hub - After published allocation
Once you've run the allocation algorithm you'll have some more options there so you can:
- Export selected submissions.
- Email the reviewers.
- Choose 'Do Not Review' - this will mark the submissions not to be reviewed. (This pushes the submissions to jump to the decision stage and the drop-down to Accept/Reject will appear).
- Close Review - If the selected submissions have been partially reviewed and you decide not to wait for all the reviewers to complete, you can use this functionality to push the submission into the decision stage.
- Decide - this functionality will appear once the reviews have been completed. You can use it to mass accept/reject them.
If the RSVP feature is enabled you can use bulk action in this list to:
- email or to
- confirm/decline RSVP for selected submissions.
In the programme stage, you can:
- and reinsert (if previously withdrawn ) the selected submissions.
You can also use filters in the lists of each hub. See here to learn more about this.