What does it mean when a submission is pending?
Prior to the reviewing stage, a submission can have one of three statuses:
- Submitted: the required fields have been completed and the submission is ready for review.
- Pending: where the submission has not yet been completed i.e. there are required fields still to complete.
- Withdrawn: where the submission is no longer to be considered for the conference.
Submissions remain pending until the author completes all the steps of the workflow.
This can mean that:
- The author hasn't filled the Title or Abstract fields
- There are no authors linked to the submission, or some information such as the author's name, surname or affiliation is missing
- There are no topics assigned to the submission
- There is a required question missing a response
- The paper was supposed to be uploaded as an attachment and hasn't been uploaded by the author
If you click on the pending submission, the steps that haven't been completed will be marked by a red dot: